Jose Aldo Says He’s Fighting Ricardo Lamas at MSG Nov 4th
The former featherweight king, Jose Aldo (26-3) lost his belt earlier this year to the hands of Max Holloway. We haven’t seen him inside the octagon since then but in a video posted on youtube, Jose Aldo is asked when he is fighting next.
“November 4th…” he says, UFC 217 is expected to take place on November 4th in Madison Square Garden. The card is headlined by middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7) who is defending his belt against former Welterweight champion George St Pierre (25-2).
As for Aldo’s opponent, per the video, it appears Ricardo Lamas (18-5) is being targeted to face the 30-year-old Brazilian. Lamas is on a two fight win streak, finishing both Charles Oliveira and Jason Knight.
Aldo also predicts the finish for the fight, via knockout.
After the story was released, reporter Farah Hannoun reached out to Ricardo Lamas for confirmation. Lamas denied the claim that he is fighting Jose Aldo at UFC 217. Interesting to see who faces Aldo, as in the video Aldo does say “…maybe Ricardo Lamas”.
— Farah Hannoun (@Farah_Hannoun) September 1, 2017
Stay tune to MMA Today for any updates on this story.