WBKFF 1: Dakota Cochrane crushes Johny Hendricks, Chris Leben levels Phil Baroni
Casper, Wyoming – With a whopping 45 professional MMA fights under his belt, Dakota Cochrane finally got his chance to battle one of the sport’s big names and turned in the performance of his life with a crushing second round knockout of former UFC champion Johny Hendricks at World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation 1. Hendricks, who retired from MMA competition after falling to Paulo “Borrachinha” Costa at UFC 217, charged forward recklessly in round 1. That approach proved to be his undoing, as “Bigg Rigg” found himself staggering backward courtesy of a sharp counter right hand from Cochrane. Early in round 2 Cochrane found Hendricks’ chin with a pair of crunching straight rights that toppled the erstwhile welterweight great and kept him on the mat for the TKO stoppage. What a shocking upset by Dakota Cochrane (32-13 MMA, #111 World welterweight); even though it was a bareknuckle fight, could this be the performance that finally earns the 32 year old MMA veteran a shot in the big leagues?
WBKFF 1 Main Event: Leben TKOs Baroni
After Cochrane’s stunning showing in the co-main event, UFC legends clashed when Chris Leben and Phil Baroni faced off in the middleweight division. Baroni looked to be in fantastic shape physically but turned in a frankly alarming performance, diving forward for double-leg takedowns despite the fact that it was a bareknuckle boxing bout. Eventually Leben timed Baroni’s predictable takedown tries, flattening the vet with a counter left for the merciful late round 1 stoppage.
WBKFF 1 Undercard:
– Notorious TUF alum Julian Lane dominated early against Joey Angelo before breaking his hand in round 2. That didn’t keep Lane from bangin’, bro, as he kept firing away en route to a split decision victory.
– Another TUF alum & one-fight UFC competitor, Christina Marks busted up Jasmine Clarkson‘s eye in round 1 before finishing via TKO in round 2.
– Four-time Octagon victor Robbie Peralta made recent TUF entrant Jay Cuccienello look like a horror movie extra en route to a wipeout five round decision win.
– EFC South Africa lightweight veteran Leon Mynhardt took out Nick Gonzalez via round 2 TKO.
– Another UFC star of yesteryear, Josh Neer looked stellar as he made Mike Aldrete quit on his stool after obliterating him with an uppercut late in round 3.
– After taking the call on one day’s notice, Joey Munoz battled to a split decision over recent ACB fighter Marcelo Alfaya.
– Always rock-solid Strikeforce & UFC alum Isaac Valle-Flagg got the show started with a round 2 demolition of Cory Simpson.
Love World MMA? So do we! Covering WBKFF & every major fight show on Planet Earth:
MMA Geek Guide 11/7 – 11/11/18: Results & clips from UFC Denver, ONE, ACB 90, every major fight worldwide!